Virtual Reality (VR) is quickly emerging as one of the most valuable tools in the enterprise technology stack. Once considered a science-fiction concept by many, virtual reality has become a versatile, accessible, and scalable way to enable creativity, collaboration, and new brand experiences.
For companies investing in the future of the metaverse, hybrid work, and digital transformation, the first step in unlocking virtual reality’s benefits is choosing the right headset and the right technology partner. Lenovo, an innovator in the XR landscape, has recently introduced a new addition to its portfolio of XR solutions.
The Lenovo ThinkReality VRX headset builds on the success of the Lenovo ThinkReality A3 augmented reality (AR) smart glasses to provide companies with a new enterprise-grade solution for virtual reality. The intelligent and lightweight technology is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon XR2+ Gen 1 chipset to provide phenomenal high-resolution experiences for VR training, collaboration, and innovation.
Lenovo ThinkReality VRX: The Features
The Lenovo ThinkReality VRX headset is an all-in-one VR device, offering 6 degrees of freedom, exceptional comfort, incredible visuals, and full-color passthrough. Not only does the cutting-edge device empower amazing virtual reality experiences with state-of-the-art processing and incredible visual components, but it also allows companies to take their first step into the world of mixed-reality applications.
Full-colour, high-resolution passthrough supports business leaders in combining real-world environments with virtual content for incredible immersive interactions. Moreover, the solution is engineered specifically for the enterprise, purpose-built to ensure longer life, reliable operation, and tethered or wireless content sharing. Features include:
- Snapdragon XR2+ Gen 1 processor
- Android 12 operating system
- 12GB of RAM
- 128GB of storage
- Pancake lens optics
- 2280 x 2280 per eye resolution
- 95-degree field of view
- 70/90Hz refresh rate
- 2-camera full-color HD pass-through
- 4 camera 6DoF optical tracking
- Integrated speakers and a 3.5mm jack
- Dual microphone for audio capture
- 6DOF controllers, hand tracking, and headset buttons
- 6900 mAH USB-charging battery
- Wi-Fi streaming, wired connection, and USB-C streaming
In addition to providing companies with all the hardware they need to build phenomenal XR experiences, Lenovo offers exceptional service and support. Each headset has access to a full suite of ThinkReality XR services for content creation, managed support, and roadmap and business case development.
Lenovo is working with several XR developers independently and through Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Spaces platform to make cutting edge applications available on the ThinkReality VRX. Today’s most popular enterprise VR use cases are immersive training for hard and soft skills and collaboration in 3D environments.
Lenovo ThinkReality is collaborating with these developers, among many others, through Snapdragon Spaces and is continually expanding its ecosystem.
Lenovo ThinkReality VRX: The Benefits
The Lenovo ThinkReality VRX headset was custom made for the enterprise environment, ready to address the unique needs of virtually any business landscape. Designed for virtual workspace experiences, this powerful headset combines comfort with performance to empower companies in their journey to unlock metaverse and VR opportunities. The business-ready solution even supports enterprise-grade security practices with a secure manufacturing process and supply chain.
With the Lenovo VRX headset, companies gain access to:
- Exceptional versatility: The ThinkReality VRX headset is intended to scale with any business to meet its unique VR/MR requirements. The system can also operate as an all-in-one standalone device or connect with an existing workstation or PC for tethered or wireless content streaming.
- Comfort and ergonomics: Lenovo’s ThinkReality VRX headset uses a range of design enhancements to deliver a more comfortable experience during extended VR sessions. Leading pancake lenses help to maintain a slim form factor, while a high-capacity battery allows for optimal weight distribution. A unique venting system is also in place to help channel any heat produced away from the user during operation.
- Long-lasting performance: Not only does the ThinkReality VRX headset come with a long-lasting battery, it’s also carefully built to ensure longevity and durability. The solution is designed to deliver broader access, reliable operation, and a long lifespan in any environment. Plus, the technology supports exceptional enterprise-grade security, end-to-end.
- MR and VR in one: The solution is ready to evolve into the age of the metaverse, with high-resolution passthrough capabilities and 6DoF experiences. Companies can discover all the benefits of virtual reality and unlock new use cases and capabilities with mixed reality without having to invest in new hardware.
- Global service and support: Companies leveraging the ThinkReality VRX headset can also take full advantage of the amazing services and support delivered via the Lenovo ThinkReality platform. The ThinkReality platform offers a combination of software and services for businesses looking to build and implement their own immersive experiences.
- Amazing user experience: Four front-mounted cameras deliver phenomenal 6DoF tracking, while two full-color high-resolution pass-through cameras allow for an amazing, uninterrupted user experience. The solution even allows companies to adjust between three or six degrees of freedom when experimenting with different kinds of content.
The Lenovo VRX Headset: Verdict
Available since June 2023, the Lenovo ThinkReality VRX headset is set to be a powerful solution for companies embracing the age of immersive work. The innovative technology empowers business leaders to unlock new levels of productivity and efficiency within any workplace, with phenomenal VR and MR experiences built to suit the user.
With the ThinkReality VRX headset, companies can develop truly immersive training experiences, enable next-level collaboration and communication, and bring teams together without compromising security, comfort, or efficiency. The adaptable and versatile technology opens the door to a new age of innovation for companies in any industry.
What’s more, with support and guidance available from the Lenovo team, companies don’t have to begin their journey into the metaverse alone. Lenovo’s experience as a global technology leader makes them a valuable partner for businesses exploring VR for the first time or looking for new ways to take the next steps in their transformation roadmap.