Last month XR Today marked the announcement of its second XR Awards ceremony.
The XR Awards 2023 celebrates the best in AR/VR/MR innovation, and the online event invites international firms and individuals to come forward to showcase the immersive industry.
To review this year’s applicants, XR Today hosts a range of industry experts as judges for the sophomore awards event.
- Applications for the XR Awards 2023 close on March 31. To enter, refer to the XR Awards application form.
The XR Awards 2023 aims to spotlight innovative XR businesses and products. Applicants must catch our judge’s attention to stand out from the crowd.
Don’t forget applications for the XR Awards 2023 ends on March 31, and XR Today will announce the finalists on May 5, in time for the online ceremony on May 25 2023.
How to Succeed in the XR Awards 2023
To succeed at this year’s event, applicants must understand which award category best represents their company, individual, product, or innovation.
Furthermore, to optimise an XR Awards application, participants should consider XR Today’s top tips for applying, such as entering specific details, knowing your category, showing personality, being careful about who you quote, showing your best side, and avoiding using too much sales-speak.
This year’s judging panel features individuals representing the broad enterprise XR community. This year’s judges include Amy LaMeyer, the Managing Partner of the WXR Fund, Amy Peck, the Founder & CEO of EndeavorXR, Sophia Moshasha, the VP of the VR/AR Association’s DC Chapter, Dr Faisal Mushtaq, Associate Director of the Centre for Immersive Technologies, Amelia Kallman, London Futurist, Speaker, Author, Tom Ffiske of Immersive Wire, Yanna Zhu is a Metaverse & XR Specialist at BCG, and Jay Latta an Emerging Technology Strategist.
Event judges will review each application in all categories, ready for the finalist announcements on May 5, 2023.
The XR Awards 2023 and its esteemed judges will review its applicants based on a broad range of categories representing enterprise-grade solutions.
XR Awards 2023 Categories
Last year’s event saw significant interest from the XR industry across its categories. To stay on top of current AR/VR/MR trends and emerging technology, XR Today updated this year’s lineup of categories to represent the best in immersive innovation.
Moreover, the XR Awards 2023 will host 17 categories ready to represent international firms and innovation:
- XR Leader of the Year is for representatives who changed the industry during the previous calendar year, such as promoting XR technology or achieving immersive industry business excellence.
- [FREE] Rising Star – Organization – showcases a firm’s exceptional industry potential and ambition, with the ability to compete with established players now or in the future.
- [FREE] Rising Star – Individual – similarly celebrates exceptional industry potential and ambition, although this XR Award is solely for individuals prevailing in the space.
- Most Innovative Product is for forward thinking products and solutions that display use cases of XR technologies within a business environment.
- Best Virtual Reality Solution honours outstanding enterprise-grade VR solutions, services, software, and hardware.
- Best Augmented Reality Solution showcases AR products that provide enterprise-grade immersive solutions, services, software, and hardware.
- Best Mixed Reality Solution, much like the AR/VR honours, this category highlights outstanding business applications of MR technology.
- Best Metaverse Solution recognises the best service or solution within the still-emerging marketplace.
- Best Healthcare Solution, turning to business use cases, this category celebrates vendors that have produced the best XR solution aligned to the healthcare industry.
- Best Education and Training Solution shows products which increase ROI during immersive learning operations and scenarios.
- Best AEC Solution showcases firms changing the construction industry through XR solutions.
- Best Manufacturing & Industrial Solution celebrates players working to establish immersive on-site workflows and industry 4.0 solutions.
- Best Field Service Solution highlights XR serves, which help keep dispersed teams together and ready to collaborate.
- Best Automotive Solution show brands and XR technology partners that use XR technology to improve pipelines, including design, production, or brand solutions.
- Best Retail and eCommerce Solution relates to AR/VR/MR solutions that enhance eCommerce and retail buyers’ journeys.
- Best Immersive Collaboration Solution recognises the best business solutions which continue to change the world of work following the rise of hybrid working environments.
- Finally, Best Art and Entertainment Solution is for firms making entertainment solutions, products, and experiences for brands.
XR Awards 2023 Applications Close this Month!
Applications for the XR Awards 2023 close on March 31.
XR Today will also announce the finalists on May 5 2023. Moreover, the online ceremony event takes place on May 25 2023.
- Applications for the XR Awards 2023 open on February 17. To enter, refer to the XR Awards application form.
Finally, check out the XR Awards website for more information regarding the key dates and judges.